Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lose Fat Diet

The questions are usually something like "How can I gain muscle and Lose Fat Diet at the same time?" or "I want to lose fat but gain muscle at the same time, how can I do it?" If you went into a gym and took a poll of what everyone's goal was, I can bet that most, if not all, would say to gain muscle and lose fat. I doubt there is anyone who just wants to lose fat, they want to gain muscle while they are at it, and visa-versa! So, is it? Is it possible to both lose fat and gain muscle at the same time? No, it is NOT possible, and I will not only tell you why its not possible, but I'll also tell you how you can do both, just not at the same time.

To lose fat, what do you have to do? You have to do lots of cardio, eat a low carb/low fat/lower calorie diet, and of course, lift weights. To gain muscle, what do you have to do? Do little or no cardio, eat a high calorie/higher carb/higher fat diet, and again, lift weights. Did you notice something there? Yup, they are complete opposites. Trying to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time would be like trying to sit and stand at the same time. It just can't be done. This is why most people who are trying to do both at the same time see no results and give up. So, then how can it be done? How can you lose fat and gain muscle if you can't do both at the same time? Simple, you don't do them at the same time. You do them in phases.

I call my muscle gaining, weight gaining, size and strength gaining phase the "bulking up phase." And I call my fat lose phase the "cutting up phase." The bulking up phase is the phase where my diet is high in calories, carbs, protein, and a little fat here and there (but only good fat of course, no fried food or potato chips or anything) and I do no cardio. This phase will usually go on during the winter. Why did I pick to do this phase during the winter? Because here in New York, USA, its cold during the winter, which would be the best time for me to put on a bit of fat. Don't get me wrong here, its not like I become overly fat with a big gut or anything even close to that, I just get bigger. I will usually do this phase from October until around March. During this phase my goal is to gain all of the strength, muscle and size that I possibly can before its time to change phases. But then.....

But then it comes time for the cutting phase, which for me usually lasts from March through the August, during the hotter, spring and summer months. During this phase, I lower my carb and calorie intake slightly, and keep my protein and fat (which only really comes from fish, fish oil supplements, nuts and olive oil) intake about the same. I may also start doing some cardio, about 30 mins a day on my non weight training days. Also, my weightlifting workout will stay exactly the same as it was during my bulking phase. My goal during this phase isn't to get stronger in the gym... it's to just maintain my current strength while I lower my bodyfat percentage and lose all of the fat that I gained during my bulking phase, and basically get those abs showing again.

See how it works? Lets say for example you are 150lbs now, during the bulking phase you may go all the way up to 175lbs, but then during the cutting phase you may go down to 163lbs. Now you are back to being lean again, except with 13 new pounds of muscle. So now your 163lbs, repeat the phases over again and you'll be maybe 170lbs at the end of the next cycle. See how it works now? Repeat the phases over and over again. For more specific information about losing weight and gaining weight, check out the weight loss or weight gain section of the site.

Now that you've learned the basics of how to do this, you may have another couple of questions on your mind. How do you ensure that you gain as much muscle as possible and as little fat as possible during the bulking phase, and how do you ensure that you lose as much fat as possible and maintain as much muscle as possible during the cutting phase? Well, the answer to those questions are simple... do everything perfectly. This of course leads to another question... how do you do it all "perfectly?" Well, that's a question that people have been emailing me about for years. And now, I've finally gotten around to providing a fully detailed 44 page answer.

Visit:http://fatloss-diet-plan.blogspot.com/

View the Original Article

No comments:

Post a Comment